JASNA is a nonprofit society, staffed by volunteers, which relies primarily on membership dues and contributions to support its programs and outreach activities.
JASNA also provides support to sites in England that have close ties to Jane Austen and her family. The Society is tax-exempt in both the US and Canada. Donations to JASNA and the English sites are deductible for US income tax purposes. Donations designated for JASNA/Canada (but not those for the English sites) are deductible for Canadian income tax purposes.
Please Consider Making a Donation
JASNA accepts contributions for the following:
- JASNA: Donations to JASNA support the Society’s national and regional activities, including the Annual General Meeting (AGM), publication of JASNA News and Persuasions, grants for traveling lecturers and regional conferences, and the student Essay Contest. Donations designated for JASNA/Canada support activities in the Canadian regions.
- Jane Austen’s House Museum: The cottage in Chawton, England, where Jane Austen lived from 1809 to 1817 and wrote her mature novels, is a museum with the house and garden open to the public. JASNA provides support to the museum for restoration and conservation projects and the acquisition of period furnishings.
- Jane Austen-Related Churches: Contributions from JASNA fund restoration and other projects undertaken by churches that have ties to Jane Austen and her family. Gifts have been made, for example, to St. Nicholas Church in Steventon, where Jane Austen worshiped for 25 years, and to Winchester Cathedral, where she is buried.
Two Ways to Make a Donation
- Donate online and pay by credit card. Credit card transactions are processed in US dollars. (Note to Canadians: Donations to JASNA Canada cannot be made online.)
- JASNA Members: To donate online, log in to JASNA’s Member Portal and use the Member Donation form. This will ensure that your donation is added to your membership account. If you have not yet set up your Member Portal login name and password, click here.
- Non-Members: Please click here to make a donation online.
- Print the Donation Form and mail it with your check or money order to one of the JASNA Membership Secretaries listed. (Note to Canadians: Please mail checks in Canadian dollars.)